Welcome

I hope that you are well!

I have created this blog to let you know a bit more about what I do and share some tips or information that may help you in achieving your goals.

Please feel free to contact me with questions if you should have any.

Wishing you health!
Isabelle

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Learning curve!

That's pretty funny and typical! I actually wrote a welcome message yesterday and I don't know if it was posted and don't know how to check! :)

I will master this blogging thing!

Yesterday was a great day. There is an 11year old boy that I started working with. He plays hockey and soccer and would like to do so professionally one day. I have had approximately 4 sessions with him now and I'm quite happy with his progress. His strength and coordination executing the corrective exercises I have given him is impressive.

One of the first things that I am working on is balancing out his postural muscles. He has a bit of scoliosis and and created some parasitic motor patterns because of it. He feels straight when he is crooked. However yesterday it was apparent that he is becoming more balanced.

A motor pattern exercise that I gave him was more difficult on his usual strong side than his 'weaker' side! And that's fantastic! It means that the right muscles are starting to work!

Moments like these are why I love what I do! Mind you hearing that he is now smoking the other participants in his power skating class is fun too! He had started out as the newbie and is now outperforming the other kids who have already taken this course. :)

And that my friends, is what smart training can do! Once we activate the right muscles and motor patterns performance increases incredibly!

OK! Gotta go! I have a proposal (or three to write!)

Wishing you health

No comments:

Post a Comment