Welcome

I hope that you are well!

I have created this blog to let you know a bit more about what I do and share some tips or information that may help you in achieving your goals.

Please feel free to contact me with questions if you should have any.

Wishing you health!
Isabelle

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Back in The Saddle Again!

Good day to you! It's been a long time since I have written in my Blog and it certainly wasn't because I had nothing to say! In fact it was quite the opposite!
I had too much to choose from and have been incredibly busy!! :)

Since I last wrote I have written articles for the Alberta Equestrian Federation Magazine: 'Alberta Bits'; For Horse Council BC as well as presented at their annual conference (which was fabulous by the way!)made the first page of "The Rider" newspaper and many more exciting events!

We have also launched the Equestrian Sport Study with Ottawa University so if you haven't already filled out the questionnaire please do so now! 30 minutes of your time will help us improve our Industry! https://www.psychdata.com/s.asp?SID=140385

In everything that has happenned in the past few months one of the best parts was adding a beautiful chestnut gelding to my family! 5 years old with a lot to learn, this smart fellow has some natural movement that is exciting the Trainer and Rider in me! Right now I am just establishing our relationship and teaching him the rules of conduct in my world, however I am looking forward to seeing how our partnership prgresses :)

With show season already under way I have one thing to speak about today: BALANCE! I'm not only speaking of actual physical symmetry, I am speaking of OVERALL LIFE BALANCE!

As I am incredibly busy and constantly traveling from one side of the country to the other, it has become quite the challenge for me to maintain my life / family / work balance. As a very passionate person I tend to want to take every opportunity to help others that is given to me.

A couple of weeks ago life spoke pretty loudly to me as I developed a bronchial infection when I returned from a trip to three provinces in one week! There is a saying that we need to work IN as much as we work OUT to maintain inner balance.

I encourage all of you to take a moment and do a personal inventory on where you are investing your energy! It's so easy to lose your balance when you are doing something that you love, however this doesn't serve us in the long run. As when we are unbalanced, we are not performing at our best in all areas of our complex lives. Taking a moment to identify what is most important at that moment and what is ALSO important helps us make better decisions on how we are managing our energy throughout our days.

If you planted a large garden and were only watering and weeding certain parts of it, what would happen with the rest of the garden? It would surely be overcome with weeds, bugs, and may even wither and die. Our lives are no different. Whether we need to downsize our garden or get help to help us through more demanding phases in our lives, taking the time to evaluate where we are investing our energy and what actually needs our attention will only help improve your quality of life, our relationship with our horses and of course, our family and loved ones.

This seems to be a lesson that I am constantly reminded of! :)

In the hopes that you lead a very balanced and happy life,

Isabelle

No comments:

Post a Comment